Hello friends! I have returned home from my month in South America. We had an incredible time, and I can’t wait to start sharing the experiences with you! I’m so happy to be home though, and I’ve arrived back in NYC for the start of what looks to be a very lovely spring.
My plan for upcoming blog posts is this:
- Start posting highlights of the South America trip. First up will be The Galapagos Islands.
- Continue book related posts, including books read in March and a few review posts. And I will be participating in next week’s Readathon!
- Resume my regular weekly posts: Words to Live By and Sunday Night Lunch.
- Start to post general travel related posts that aim to distill all the things I’ve learned about travel during my year+ on the road and share advice / tips.
These will all be spread out over many weeks, and each week will have a mix of book and travel posts, so it shouldn’t get too heavy on just one topic. If there’s anything you’d like me to post about (especially travel related topics) please let me know!
Since I’m going to be sharing a lot of posts about what I loved about the trip, here are a few of the things I missed like crazy while I was gone:
- My friends and family. This is a given, but I wish I could take them all with me, everywhere. One of my best friends also had a baby while I was gone!
- Breakfasts. I’m sure there are great breakfasts in Peru. But I didn’t have many of them in the standard service level hotels we stayed in. Although, I did have an epic breakfast on the Lares Trek – quinoa porridge and pancakes… the porters were masterful. But I missed reliable coffee and Fage yogurt with honey.
- Putting toilet paper in the toilet. In most of Ecuador and Peru, it needed to be thrown away in trash cans, which is surprisingly hard to remember.
- My apartment. It’s so cozy and full of books, and I miss it like crazy when I’m away. Especially my bed!