Happy 51st Birthday to my wonderful mother, Ruth!
Here are 5 reasons why my mom is awesome:
1. She’s a librarian. The most awesome career there is.
2. She got her Masters in Library Science in her 40s, while working 40 hours a week and taking good care of her family (including my little brother, who was 3 to 5 years old during that time).
3. She has a Vox blog too, and writes great posts.
4. She always knows what to say to make you feel better.
5. She is the best mom in the world, and I wouldn’t be who I am or where I am in life without her.
(This post was brought over from emilyw.vox.com. Click here for the original post and comments.)