September is my favorite month of the year. I love the change from summer to autumn. I love the warm days and cool nights. I love the excitement of getting ready for another school year, even though I have long stopped having my own first days of school. It still feels like a fresh start, and a time to do something new, or return to traditions.
Here is my September “could do” list—a list of things I would love to do this month. I plan to do as many as possible.
- Make a pot of chili on a Saturday and eat some while watching Michigan State football.
- Walk home from work along the Brooklyn Bridge waterfront.
- Read poetry.
- Pack a big thermos of coffee, a wool blanket, and a book and go to Fort Greene Park.
- Pick up fallen leaves and draw them in my sketchbook.
- Celebrate the Autumn Equinox.
- Check something new off my New York Bucket List.
- Watch You’ve Got Mail.
- Spend time with friends.
- Go to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and enjoy the autumn blooms.
- Buy myself a book on my birthday.
- Re-read Anne of Green Gables.
- Wear red lipstick on a date with the hubs.
- Listen to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on audiobook.
- Go through the summer clothes I didn’t wear and donate them.
- Put a James Taylor record on and lay down in my bedroom and listen to it.
- Donate to a classroom in need of books in Brooklyn via Donor’s Choose.
- Take a Sunday morning bike ride through Prospect Park.
- Gaze at the September moon.
What things do you like to do in September?