Grab your books and snacks, put on your lounge clothes, and find a cozy seat: it’s readathon day!
April’s been a very busy and tiring month, so I haven’t done much prep for today other than picking up snacks (the most important readathon prep). I’m really looking forward to reading, relaxing with the hubs, and hanging out virtually with the best nerds on the internet.
I have a large stack of short books I’ll be reading from, I hope to finish 3 to 4 today:
- Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan
- The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut*
- Zen Habits by Leo Babauta*
- The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett
- Owls and Other Fantasies by Mary Oliver*
- The 6:41 to Paris by Jean-Philippe Blondel
- When My Name Was Keoko by Linda Sue Park
- Being Peace by Thich Nhat Hanh*
*read my own damn books selections
I’ll be mainly hanging out on Twitter today, but I will update this post throughout the day to share my progress.
Happy #readathon to everyone joining in the fun!
Hour 1 (8:00am)
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Brooklyn, NY
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chip Dunkers
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m Emily, I’m 31, I’m a Michigan native and in one month I’ll hit the 10 year mark of living in New York City. I like eating tacos, and stalking dogs on the street.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Today my husband’s going to read with me, and we might have to take a break in the afternoon and go for walk: it’s going to be a gorgeous day in Brooklyn.
Hour 6 (1:00pm)
I started out the day with my daily dose of Proust (I’m slowly but surely working my way through the second volume). I listened to 45 minutes of Within a Budding Grove on audiobook during hour 1, and then officially jumped into my readathon stack in hour 2. I’ve just finished my first book of the day, Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel. Graham joined in during hour 5, he’s currently reading Confessions of an RX Drug Pusher and is on the verge of flushing all our prescription medicine down the toilet. I’m off to pick out one of my Read My Own Damn Books selections to start next.