Well, I’m back from a very distracting 4 hours. I’m pleased to report that Michigan State won the football game, and our team is looking fantastic. Now it’s time to refocus on reading! Looking forward to a cozy evening of read-a-thon-ing into the wee hours of the morning! I have a pumpkin scented candle lit for maximum fall coziness, and two books I’m excited to focus on in the coming hours (as always, subject to change). In about an hour I will run out to get some take-out mexican food to refuel!
Before getting back to reading, it’s time for the….
1. What are you reading right now? Starting Woman Hollering Creek & other stories by Sandra Cisneros
2. How many books have you read so far? Just 2. Got very distracted by the Football game.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Getting back to focusing on the Read-a-thon. :)
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope, Saturdays are pretty free for me.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? The football game was the biggest interruption. I pretty much gave in and just watched MSU win. :)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How amazing the cheerleaders are this year! Great job – it’s such an encouragement!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I loved the callout of a few participants in the Hour 1 post – would be awesome to do that every hour.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I would love to host a mini-challenge. Or maybe I’ll post a giveaway in conjunction with the event.
9. Are you getting tired yet? No, and I’m actually very jumpy from too much coffee.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I love the cheers from @fizzythoughts – the poems & chants are so fun!