I am very excited to be posting my first book giveaway!
When I went to the Friends of the Hoboken Library book sale last weekend (where books are for sale at incredible prices), I saw several books that I loved, in good condition, but that I already owned. A lot of times I’ll buy them anyway, and give them to friends or family. This time I thought it would be a lot of fun to have a book giveaway on my blog.
The books I’m giving away are all books that I’ve read and enjoyed, and that I think could make great summer reads. They are:
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
Peony in Love by Lisa See
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The books are all used books, but they are in incredibly good shape, with clean pages, nice covers, no broken spines, etc.
There will be 5 winners – one book per person. Here are the rules:
1. Leave a comment to enter. I apologize that Vox makes you create a (free) account to leave a comment. When you comment, please list the books you would like, in order. So if you’re only interested in three of them, you’d list those three, 1 through 3, in the order you’d like them. If you’d like any of the five, then just list them in the order you’d like. This way, I can try to match the five winners up with the books they’d actually like to read. One entry per person, except for the extra opportunities described in number 2 below.
2. For up to two extra entries – tweet this and/or blog about it, with a link back here. To keep things simple and fair with the number generator, please leave a new comment with a link to your tweet or post for each of the two extra entries. (I’ve shortened the URL as well – http://bit.ly/fXQ6u)
3. This is open to any book lover across the globe. I will ship internationally.
4. Since Vox also doesn’t number the comments, I’m going to keep track of the entries in order in an excel document. Then I’ll use Random Number Generator to pick the winners, and I won’t have to manually count the comments.
5. You must enter by 8pm Eastern time on Friday, June 19th, 2009. Winners will be drawn that weekend, and I’ll post a new entry with the results. The winners will receive a direct message through Vox (which also sends an email to the account you used to register) and you’ll need to reply with your address within 4 days, or I’ll pick a new winner.
So – remember – leave a comment to enter, rank the books in the order you’d prefer, and tweet or blog for up to two extra entries!
And just to be totally clear – if you only list three of the books, and you’re the 4th or 5th name drawn, and if those 3 books were claimed ahead of you, I’ll go on to the next winner.
Ok, that’s it! I’m excited for this first giveaway – if all goes well it will be the first of many more! :)
(This post was brought over from emilyw.vox.com. Click here for the original post and comments.)