It’s the middle of the long week before Thanksgiving, which seems like a perfect time for a game!
Ginger Sister first posted this game this morning, and it’s been quite a hit. Here’s my attempt – I have some of the same movies as others, but I think my quotes are different.
Pick 30 of your favorite movies.
Find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
NO CHEATING. Guess what you know, don’t look them up. :)
- DONE – Well, it was pitch dark and there he was. Tall, blue eyes, slim, quite good-looking… in a brutal, mean way, Papa. A terrible man! HOW TO STEAL A MILLION (Kristie)
- DONE – There’s that word again; “heavy”. Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth’s gravitational pull? BACK TO THE FUTURE (Tryphaena)
- DONE – It’s been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE (Cori)
- DONE – You know, junk food doesn’t deserve the bad rap that it gets. Take these pork rinds for example. This particular brand contains two percent of the R.D.A. – that’s Recommended Daily Allowance – of riboflavin. THE SURE THING (Wad)
- DONE – What’s the Czech for “Do you love him”? ONCE (Cori)
- DONE – I don’t mean to toot my own horn, but if Jesus Christ lived in Chicago today, and he had come to me and he had five thousand dollars, let’s just say things would have turned out differently. CHICAGO (Michelle)
- DONE – If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN (Bina)
- DONE – Ever since I was a child, folks have thought they had me pegged, because of the way I am, the way I talk. And they’re always wrong. CAPOTE (Paige)
- DONE – They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true. What they don’t tell you is that when it starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up. BIG FISH (Katelyn)
- DONE – …we are David and Ruth Laskin. Which one do you want to be? I prefer to be Ruth, but I’m flexible. ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (Wad)
- DONE – You know what’s gonna happen to you? I am gonna march you over to the zoo and feed you to the yak. BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S (Kristie)
- DONE – Fine. Hi Barry, its nice to meet you. I don’t have a refrigerator. I’M WITH LUCY (Wad)
- DONE – Don’t underestimate the mentally ill. We know how to count. BENNY AND JOON (Sarah)
- DONE – I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss. THE ADDAM’S FAMILY (Girl Friday)
- DONE – Madam, I have not disappeared. I am very tiny. I am a germ. A rare disease. I am called malignalitaloptereosis… and you’ve caught me, Mim! THE SWORD IN THE STONE (Ginger Sister)
- DONE – Don’t fall and smudge the drawing! MARY POPPINS (Girl Friday)
- DONE – Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn. BETTER OFF DEAD (Carmen)
- DONE – I said I would never fall in love; I said love was a murderous thing; And it is, and I’m floating on air. I CAPTURE THE CASTLE (Katelyn)
- When it comes to love, we are all in the dark.
- DONE – When was the last time you were decently kissed? I mean, truly, truly, good and kissed? THAT THING YOU DO (Tryphaena)
- DONE – Someone is staring at you in “personal growth”. WHEN HARRY MET SALLY (Tryphaena)
- DONE – Where could you possibly be going!? GET SMART (Wad)
- DONE – I lost it. I lost it all- faith, dignity… about 15 pounds. HIGH FIDELITY (Wad)
- DONE – Have a bad day today? It hurts when someone screws with your life, doesn’t it? UNCLE BUCK (Wad)
- DONE – Thanks for dinner. I’ve never seen potatoes cooked like that before. SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE (Wad)
- DONE – My nails, I bit them all because of you! And my hair! Look at my hair! I cut it off just for you! Of all the pigheaded fathers! THE PARENT TRAP (Girl Friday)
- DONE – I had to be up at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil. O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU (GINGER SISTER)
- DONE – The first rule is, gentlemen callers have got to wear a necktie! HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE (Wad)
- DONE – He does dress better than I do, what would I bring to the relationship? CLUELESS (Carmen)
- DONE – Your son has been pretending to be a substitute teacher, lecturing the students, uh, giving out homework, uh. Mrs. Glasser has been ill, there was some confusion with the real sub. Your son held a teacher-parent conference yesterday and was planning a class field trip to a French bread factory in Trenton. CATCH ME IF YOU CAN (Bina)
(This post was brought over from emilyw.vox.com. Click here for the original post and comments.)